Date: March / April 2015
Duration: 3 Weeks
INTU – Merry Hill Paving, Asphalt Surfacing & Bollard Installation
Merry Hill red zone had several trip Hazards due to defective paving slabs 20 years old that required replacing, in addition there were some 80+ bollards to be installed to prevent delivery trucks trespassing into the pedestrian zone.
The works being undertaken during the opening hours so access to all shop frontages had to be maintained throughout the contract and the final surfacing laid at night to minimise the joints in finished surface and disruption to the shopping centre operations. Works were completed successfully on programme ready for the busy Easter opening as required by the client.
• Traffic & Pedestrian management
• Removal and disposal of existing slabs / blockwork
• Additional drainage repairs and subbase, minor kerbing
• MH cover re-setting and refurbishment
• S/S Traffic bollard installation
• Asphalt Binder & Topping